3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Thursday, June 16, 2011

CELEBRATING FATHER'S DAY THROUGH THE EYES OF CHILDREN

Today while I was talking with 2 of my grandchildren , I asked what they wanted to get their father for Father's Day. They both looked at me and said nothing so I asked "Would you like to get Daddy a tie ?" My grandson Bobo who is almost 5 years old said "no ".

I then asked ,"How about a shirt , pants , socks ?" He looked at me and in unison he and his sister Sissy who is almost 4 years old said "no !" Then Bobo said "I want to get him a racing car game and a Thomas Train game to play with . "

I should explain that in their play room they have a small T.V. that has a child's game system set up. It has a racing car game and a Thomas The Train game also. Every day when Daddy gets home from work they are ready to play. The whole time while he is trying to eat dinner every night they say the same thing over and over . "Hurry, hurry daddy one more bite we need to play , right now." I looked at my beautiful grandchildren and said , " Why do you want these games , so Daddy can play with you ? I thought it was for Father's Day?" They both said "Yes it is ".

I thought back to a little over a year ago when we lost Poppie suddenly. My children including Mommy all miss him and talk about him a lot, especially right now. I remember my children doing the same thing when they were the same age just before Father's Day. We all need our fathers . I hope all of you spend time enjoying your fathers.





HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL !

WE LOVE YOU !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1