3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Saturday, March 24, 2012

LET'S ALL DO WHAT WE CAN TO KEEP ALL OF OUR CHILDREN SAFE IN SCHOOL !!!

I have not been able to post for a few days because I have been sick with bronchitis. I had pneumonia twice last year at this time and once the year before. It's funny because I hardly ever got sick before Poppie died. I think that when you have a family member who is sick or having a hard time that all your energy is devoted to helping that person.


I have decided that I am going to refrain from reading the daily paper. All it seems to say is bad things, depressing things and is sometimes enough to make someone sick.


I am tired of reading all about how schools need more money, teachers should get more money. They seem to forget the most important person in all of this. Our children. It shouldn't be whether they get a 3% or a 5 % raise. it shouldn't be so important that they will fight for months so that they will not have to pay a little more for health insurance.


So many of the children that they are supposedly there for have no insurance at all. Some have no roof over their heads or meals to eat. Shouldn't that be what is written in the news? We have been hearing about and reading about for weeks what one town in our state has been doing to our children. I call them our children because we should treat each child as if they were our own. How dare anyone especially a person we trust to protect our children do just the opposite!


I was elected and sat on the our local Board of Education a few years ago because I wanted to do my part to help all children. I had to refuse to run after 4 years because the stress was just too much. I used to suffer for days after a meeting with migraines because I cared too much. So, this is where I am going with this. I thought that after my children were grown that I could sit back and relax. Not! After all the things I have read I have decided that I need to get involved again. I will do all I can to insure that all our children are safe. which by the way was my reason for getting involved in politics over 20 years ago. I hope that my children do the same and teach my grandchildren to help protect and help each child to reach their full potential. I have decided to start today!!

1 comment:

Ad1