3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Friday, April 6, 2012

TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN ITALIAN RUM CAKE !!

I decided to try to make an Italian Rum Cake by myself. I know what you are thinking it will be crummy or I must be crazy. I have decided that I will make 2 yellow cake mixes. That will give me 4 layers of 9" round cakes. I bought a bottle of Rum Extract that I will put in the mix while I am making it ready to bake. I tried to get 2 big cans of pudding (chocolate and vanilla) which are used in restaurants but they are no longer being carried in the 2 wholesale clubs in our area.
So, I bought a bunch of snack puddings. I plan to make alternate layers of each. I was able to find a recipe on line for an Italian Rum Cake frosting. I hope it comes out okay. If it does we will save about $35.00. Here's hoping !!! I'll let you know how it comes out. Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1