3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Saturday, October 27, 2012

BOOK REVIEW LOVELIER THAN DAYLIGHT BY ROSSLYN ELLIOT

     I was given the book  LOVELIER THAN DAYLIGHT BY ROSSLYN ELLIOT for the purpose of a review from http://www.booksneeze.com . This was a fantastic book that made me want to keep reading it until I reached the last page.
    Susanna Hanby finds herself  in the year 1875 with the knowledge that her sister Rachel and her children are missing. She rushes to her sister's house where she is met by her sister's alcoholic husband who informs her that she has run away and given her children away. She vows to find out what really happened .  When she finds out that the children have been given to orphanages she falls into despair.
     I found myself wanting to run and get her nieces and nephews myself. I felt myself cheering everyday that she will be able to get them back and upset when she was unable to.    Susanna is a strong temperance crusader but when she meets Johann Giere who is an heir to a German-American brewery the sparks start to fly. She cannot bring herself to ignore his profession when she is so against alcohol. This makes her passion and her principles clash.
   Johann decides that he will help her with her problem and makes her an offer. It is an offer that she wants to refuse but cannot. I was unable to put this book down without thinking about it. I really loved this book.
   I was given this book without any other compensation. All opinions are my own.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad1