3 Partners In Shopping, Nana, Mommy & Sissy

Thanks for stopping by!

My Button

My Button

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Living Series by Melody Dawn Author Spotlight



Author Spotlight
Featured Author: Melody Dawn
August 25th 2015 






Author Bio


Melody Dawn is a contemporary romance author residing in Texas. She started reading romance novels when she was a teenager and became addicted to Happily Ever After’s. She got her own HEA when she met her soulmate 20 years ago and they have been together ever since.  They have two furbabies who think they are Kings of the Castle and require a ton of attention. When she is not reading or writing, she loves to refurbish old furniture into new pieces, scrapbook, and most of all spend time with her main guy. 






Bonus Scene 

To Live Again by Melody Dawn
Bonus Scene

            Getting back from Chipotle’s with Jayson, I go into my room and lie down on the bed. I’m not sure what to think of him. Of course, he’s gorgeous and seems interested in me, but for how long and why? I think it’s probably best that we just stay study partners. This way when his attention moves elsewhere, I’m not the even more broken girl in the corner. With my mind made up, I drift off to sleep.
            I’m dreaming a really awesome dream about Jayson without a shirt until I’m rudely awakened by my dear best friend jumping on my bed. “Hey chick, wake up! So, what happened with you and that beautiful hunk of man after you left?” I roll my eyes and say, “Uh, nothing! He took me back to campus; we both had more classes. Why? Where did you go with his twin?”
            She blushes and I lean towards her. “Why do you smell like him?” She has this look in her eye and I have a feeling I know what happened. But, all she says is he gave her a hug. Yeah, I bet he did…like an after sex hug that says “Let’s do this again.” I saw the two of them eye-f****** each other while we were all having lunch. I almost say something about him being a player, but I just keep my mouth shut. Madison and I do not have the same ideas towards casual sex so it wouldn’t do me any good to say anything. If that is what she wants with Connor Reece, then who am I to say anything; I just hope he doesn’t hurt her. Wow, first Jayson and now Connor; I evidently do not have a huge respect for the male gender.
            Lying down next to me, she insists I tell her everything about how Jayson and I met. When I get to the part about him being in my desk, she starts laughing like a crazy person. “Oh my god, did you really go up and tell him to move,” she gasps out. I give her a punch in the shoulder and say, “Yes! You know how I like to sit in the same seat in every class.” Laughing even harder, she says, “If he still wanted to take you to lunch after learning about your insane tendencies, you need to grab him and hold on!”
            “Oh what the hell ever,” I say heatedly! But, not really meaning it. We love to tease each other and she thinks my somewhat OCD brain is hilarious. I tell her that I think he is interested, but I’m not going to let it go anywhere. Her mouth drops open and with big eyes, she says, “Why? That guy is really into you. Even Connor says so.” I feel a little glimmer of hope in my stomach, but I bury it and say, “Because I just know how it will be and I don’t need to be heartbroken on top of everything else.”
            Madison is quiet for a few moments and she finally says, “You are going to wish that you didn’t let this opportunity pass you by. You don’t have to marry him, but what is wrong with being with someone who obviously likes you for however long it lasts?” I can’t explain it to her, I just know that he will break me. And I’m already broken beyond repair. Besides, a guy like him, needs someone who is living and not just existing.
            Seeing that she isn’t going to get anything else out of me, Madison sits up and hugs me; then says she has to go and study. I tease her and say she is going to be daydreaming about Connor instead of studying, and she just blushes with no answer. As she walks out the door without saying her usual sexual insinuations, I wonder if maybe she really likes this guy. I lie there a little while longer thinking about Jayson. I may not let things go anywhere with him, but here in my room, he is mine. I can think about him and what we could have been. It might sound sad, but in my mind, it gives me hope that maybe one day, I will have what I am imagining. Of course, it won’t be with him, but maybe someone else who isn’t quite so dangerous to my heart and soul. 

Play List 


DreamCast

Book characters:
Jayson Reece/Connor Reece-identical twins
Chloe Schaeffer-girlfriend to Jayson
Madison McKinley –girlfriend to Connor
Alyssa-former friends with benefits w/Jayson
Dr. Phillip Reece-Jayson & Connor’s dad
Ava Reece-Jayson & Connor’s mom














Jayson Reece (Rich Manley)













Chloe Schaeffer (Lucy Hale)


















Connor Reece (Rich Manley)                    Madison McKinley (Julianne                                                                                                                    Hough)


 Ava Reece (Courtney 
          Cox)














                         Dr. Phillip Reece 
(Matthew McConaughey) 



Alyssa Johnson (Ashley Tisdale)

Author Interview 

Melody Dawn 

 Can you tell us your latest news?
The latest news is that this is going to turn into a series. I always only intended to write one book, but Jayson, the H in my story, has a twin brother; and he is getting his own book. His character developed in a much bigger way than I expected.
When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I never intended to actually become a writer. I had a story in my head for several years that I thought might make a good book, but I never really believed it would happen. As far as considering myself a writer, I’m still not sure that I do.
Now I love music just as much as reading, I normally listen to music while I am reading. Do you think that you characters have theme songs? What would they be?
Definitely! For Chloe, the main female character, it would be Invincible by Kelly Clarkson, Jayson, the main male character, it would be All of Me by John Legend, Connor (Jayson’s twin)-Forever Night Stand by Rayen Belchere, and Madison (Chloe’s best friend) would be Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson
“Are the experiences fact based or from your imagination?”
Possibly some things in the story may be true…obviously, Chloe’s tragedy isn’t real, but some other things yes, just not saying which J
Which comes first? The character's story, or, the idea for the novel?
I think each writing project varies. For To Live Again, it was the story that came first, but for the second book, it was definitely the character. There is possibly a third book and the character and the story both kind of hit me at the same time.

Connect With Melody Dawn 




And if your looking for a new street team to join Melody Dawn is accepting New members! 
Click the link below 

Melody’s Hot Chicks (Street team)- https://www.facebook.com/groups/melodyshotchicks/


Thai is a Melody Dawn Event 





This spotlight was hosted by 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting my author spotlight. It means a great deal to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ad1